Quarantea 5 (April 9, 2020)
Nishiki-datte sou, a chabako temae, or presentation, that uses a set of four panels tied together. The futa or box lid is used a a rest for the tea implements.
- Tea – Matcha Harmony (organic matcha)
- Sweet – candied ume
- Chawan – my pine and gold tiny Kyoto bowl
- Chabako – persimmon-colored with black lacquer
- Natsume – deep chocolate brown lacquerware
- Zutsu – robin’s egg blue matching furadashi and chakin zutsu
- Chasen zutsu – wooden
- Tetsubin – heavy hive pot
- Kensui – locally made by Northport Pottery
Enjoying the moss covered stone just a bit more before returning it to its creekside home, I added the only flowers blooming on our property on this chilly morning. I do not know what these are called. The were hitchhikers in the soil when we transplanted daisies from Dan and Amanda’s farm several seasons ago. How lucky for me (and tea!).