Happiness is the place between too little and too much.” -Finnish Proverb
Heart of Zen offers support in the physical work of clearing out material things that no longer serve you or you don’t really want to care for any more, so you can enjoy your life with greater ease.
Decluttering and Chinese Medicine
Chinese medicine and theory of wellness includes the smooth flow of the energy in our bodies as well as in our homes and work environments (fengshui). Decreasing the clutter in our environments can have a clearing affect on our personal health. We can physically move about our space with more ease when there is less stuff blocking our way. We can feel less mental fatigue when there is less to take care of or we can mange what we have with ease.
One way to have smooth flow in our lives is to, literally, remove the blockage. Clearing clutter makes room for you to create a relaxing and inspiring environment, filled with things necessary for daily life AND things that make you smile. No more, no less.
Time to Clear the Clutter
Do you feel overwhelmed by the amount of things you have that are no longer useful? Do you keep items in your home that you don’t really like and you don’t know what to do with? Have you inherited someone else’s collections of things that do not interest you? You are not alone. Many are burdened by the weight of excessive accumulation. It is time to clear the clutter when:
- you are over 65.
- you are moving or downsizing your lifestyle.
- your life partner has passed.
- you have inherited someone else’s stuff.
- you are downsizing for someone else (living parent/grandparent).
- you are young and want to make clutter-free living a habit.
- Call Heart of Zen, 231-386-7616, to find out if decluttering is right for you at this time.
- Schedule your FREE in-person meeting at Heart of Zen to identify broad goals, discuss tools, and set a time line.
- We will work together in your home, and begin the process of decluttering.
Price Decluttering assistance – $1050/15 hrs
What Decluttering is Not
- Not an attempt to make you a minimalist.
- Not fengshui, although it does call upon similar principles.
- Not hoarder clean-up.*
- Not disaster, toxic waste or crime scene clean-up.*
*For these types of clean-up, please seek professionals specifically trained in these areas.
Here are a few good reads about respectful clutter management and ways to deal with the material things we have collected over a lifetime.
The Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning by Margarete Magnusson
- Sort through our material things while we are alive, so our loved ones aren’t excessively burdened with the job when we are gone.
- Clear out items that are no longer useful or we don’t like, so we have room to enjoy the things we need and love.
Spark Joy and The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
- Everything in our home should have a home.
- Everything in our home should be useful or spark joy.
To schedule a FREE decluttering consultation, please call Heart of Zen at 231-386-7616.